Skip to main content

The Southern Hills Plantation III Community Development District is a local, special-purpose government entity authorized by Chapter 190 of the Florida Statutes as amended, and established on August 2, 2004, Ordinance No. 678, by the City Council of the City of Brooksville, Florida, as an alternative method of planning, acquiring, operating and maintaining community-wide improvements in planned communities.

The District encompasses an area of approximately 302.87 acres, wholly within the boundaries of the City of Brooksville, Florida, east of US 41 approximately one mile south of SR 50 in the center of Hernando County, Florida. Infrastructure consists of public roadways, storm water management, potable water, wastewater, irrigation and reuse, landscaping, environmental facilities and off-site improvements.

A Community Development District (CDD) provides the 'solution' to Florida's need to provide valuable community infrastructure generated by growth, ultimately without overburdening other governments and their taxpaying residents. CDDs represent a major advancement in Florida's effort to manage its growth effectively and efficiently. This allows a community to establish higher construction standards, meanwhile providing a long-term solution to the operation and maintenance of the community's facilities.

Board of Supervisors

Jim Mcgowan

  • Assistant Secretary
  • Email
  • SEAT 1

Bruce Noble

  • Vice Chair
  • Email
  • SEAT 2

Ellen Johnson

  • Assistant Secretary
  • Email
  • SEAT 3

Grady Miars

  • Chair
  • Email
  • SEAT 4

Margaret Bloomquist

  • Assistant Secretary
  • Email
  • SEAT 5

District Staff

District Manager

  • Wrathell, Hunt and Associates, LLC
  • Chuck Adams
  • 9220 Bonita Beach Road, Suite 214
  • Bonita Springs, FL 34135
  • Phone Number:(239) 464-7114
  • Email

Public Records Notice

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

Skip back to navigation